Our dentists and team do everything possible to help you preserve and protect your original teeth so that you can continue enjoying excellent oral health and a beautiful smile. However, in some cases, removing the tooth may be the best option for your oral health and function. We may recommend a tooth extraction if:
- Severe infection has destroyed parts of the tooth and supporting bone structure
- Serious decay has damaged the tooth beyond repair
- Overcrowding of the teeth makes it impossible to fit all teeth correctly in a dental arch
- You are preparing for orthodontic, cosmetic or restorative treatment
- You have advanced periodontal disease
Tooth extractions are typically the last resort when it comes to maintaining your oral health. Our dentists will take great care to perform your extraction as gently as possible. Our office provides sedation dentistry and local anesthesia to manage pain and discomfort during your procedure. Following your extraction, we will provide you with detailed post-extraction instructions to help you heal properly. We will then work with you to determine which type of tooth replacement is best for you.
If you have any questions about tooth extractions in Laurel, Montana, or to set up an appointment with Dr. Sam Pollock or Dr. Jordan Dobmeier, call Laurel Family Dental today at 406-628-0004.